Wedding cake third try
This is going to be a very long post, with very very many pictures!
I have made wedding cake test no. 3.
This cake contains:
- 2 layers of light cake, as the first one I made
- 1 layer of chocolate cake
- 1 layer of white chocolate mousse, made from neutral fromage powder and white chocolate
- 1 layer of raspberry mousse, made from ready-made raspberry fromage powder
- chocolate buttercream, made of butter (!), melted dark chocolate, some confectioner’s sugar and some vanilla essence
- fondant, of course.
For picture watching as a gallery, just click one and use the arrows on your keyboard to navigate to the next/previous pic :o)
Picture lot 1, the cake in the making:
Picture lot 2, the transport:
I searched some time before I found the perfect way to transport the cake. It turned out that the cases we had from Årstiderne were perfect – my cake board is 26cm, and the case has a width of 29cm!
To my surprise, the cake survived a bumpy (but still very careful) bike ride without any major injuries – only a little dent (which probably originated when I decided to place some flowers on top of the cake in the case – not a good idea!).
Picture lot 3, the finished cake, ready to eat:
O yeah, by the way: The weight of this cake was 2064g, before the final top decoration (that is, roses and leaves) was put in place.